The Premier Intellectual Property and Licensing Event
The Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada) will host its 2019 Annual Meeting in an oasis in the desert Southwest October 20-23, 2019. Over 500 decision-makers and thought-leaders in the intellectual asset management field will connect in Phoenix.
LES (U.S.A. and Canada) represents a highly-diverse community of professionals who collaborate across multiple industries and sectors to create dynamic networking environments. Our organizing committee is putting together a dynamic program for professional development, networking opportunities, and fun!
Sessions will cover the following tracks:
- Sector-specific panels and workshops on advanced issues for the moderately-experienced to advanced IP/licensing professional.
- Cross-domain issues for experienced licensing professionals looking to expand their knowledge base.
- Topics to include regulatory, export control, and medical reimbursement.
- Funding, licensing and IP issues particular to the licensing professional working with emerging companies.
- Topics to include in-licensing technology, fund-raising/financing and strategies on developing IP portfolios.
- Strategies for mid-size and large companies to maximize returns on existing portfolios and growing new ones.
- Intermediate and advanced topics in valuation, including in the context of corporate transactions, IP licensing and sale transactions and litigation.
- Portfolio and licensing issues around university and non-profits.
- Topics to include managing portfolios, out-licensing, in-licensing and other issues both within institutions and between institutions and commercial enterprises.
- Legal issues for the licensing professional, with licensing law updates and hot issues in intellectual property.
- Includes discussion of law as well as practical applications.
- A smaller track focusing on FRAND Licensing, Standards Essential Patents, and related topics.
- Timely topics on intellectual asset management and related issues